BSCD Ecology and Evolution Fellowship
Those students who will be E&E Concentrators in the BSCD and will submit a thesis for the BS degree in BioSci are eligible to apply for one of six summer research stipends with a faculty sponsor.
Students must work with a faculty mentor to develop a proposal. Following a summer of research, the Fellow will enroll in a BioSci course on “Data Analysis” in the fall quarter to facilitate the completion of the thesis. Faculty who are eligible mentors include all those on campus whose research encompasses ecology and evolution, and faculty from the Field Museum and Zoos who have an academic appointment with the University of Chicago. We will be looking for Fellows who can match their research interests and possible skills with that of a faculty mentor. Possible skills might include molecular methodology, the ability to work in the field, some programming skills, etc. While the ability to work independently will be valued, there will also be collaborative opportunities.
· Each of the 6 fellowship opportunities will be unique and the requirements will be based on the faculty mentor and the subject of the research.
· Students should be prepared to engage in developing a research project and following it through to publication.
· The Fellowship opportunity will prioritize Third year students, but Second year students may be considered. Those who must perform their research off campus are especially invited to apply since they are often ineligible for other campus funding sources.
· Additional application instructions and compensation details can be found by following this link to the application site at Handshake. https://uchicago.joinhandshake.com/jobs/2330102/share_preview
· Application deadline April 10, 2019