Five summer research fellowships are available to UChicago undergraduates interested in participating in an International Summer REU Program together with ten students from top universities in China and Hong Kong.
The program is highly interdisciplinary, with last years’ faculty mentors spanning 10 different departments, both basic and clinical. The program includes significant scientific and career advice. Attendance is required at two afternoon meetings per week (Tues/Thurs 4pm) in which students present their work (talks are video taped and feedback is provided), listen to research seminars from various participating faculty, and receive general scientific and career advice on the graduate school application process. Students must commit to working full-time in the laboratory during the 10 week Fellowship program.
· 3rd year students are invited to apply
· Students are expected to engage in full time independent laboratory research. All applicants must have identified a UChicago faculty mentor with whom they will conduct biological/biomedical research over the summer, and preferably throughout their senior year.
· Equal consideration will be given to students who plan to join a new lab and to students who plan to continue working in a current lab.
· Preference will be given to students who plan to apply to PhD or MD/PhD programs. The transcripts of selected students must demonstrate strong academic achievement and potential for success in science.
· Compensation details and application instructions can be found by following this link to the application site at Handshake. https://uchicago.joinhandshake.com/jobs/2335783/share_preview
· Application deadline is February 28, 2019